Saturday, 22 November 2008

Let’s make our own flight



I am told not once, not twice, not thrice

But as many times as you possibly can think

That I lack the sense of judging people

If I continue this way, my life will definitely sink


Are one or two instances, sufficient enough

To question my judging ability for life?

Why am I not allowed to make my share of mistakes?

How on earth do I end this strife?


Don’t call me names, just cos I want to live on my terms

I know for sure, I have never been remiss

Half my life is gone in living your way

And there’s so much now that I don’t want to miss


Good or bad, please let me make the call

Let me fall down & get up again

You have protected me enough till date

Now let me from my experiences, gain


A subtle reminder goes your way

That you can’t keep the lil birdies forever in the nest

You’ve got to push them to make their own flight

From there on, it's their solitary quest...


Blessed Be,
Meow

2 comments:

miruspeg said...

Excellent poem Meow.

Everyone should spread their wings and fly, follow their heart, it knows the way.

Peggy

Meow said...

Thanks Peggy :)
The only difficulty is to make the ones who are holding you back, agree to let you do so..