
Here’s wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
We don’t necessarily have to be Americans or in America to do this but we must do it for the sake of feeling thankful towards many things in our lives.
I thought this is a good opportunity to make a list of things that I am thankful to Almighty for. These include:
My Family: I am blessed to have the wisest & most intelligent soul on earth as my mother, a very supportive & jovial Dad & a brother who’s a charmer all the way.
My Uncle & Aunty: Uncle’s my Dad’s best friend but they have taken care of me more than anybody else can of anybody else’s child. If there is anybody I respect most after my parents, or should I say, just like my parents, it is them. Unimaginably nice human beings!
My Friends: Not many, but the ones I have are absolute gems. I hope & pray that we always remain the best of friends.
My Home: A beautiful house (look at it from my eyes) which is not exactly mine but my parents & cos the parents are mine, so is their house..How smart of me :P
Myself: For being the way I am (not trying to be portentous by any means) though God could have definitely come up with a better model had he tried harder, just a little bit more :D . I am thankful to the Lord & my parents for the way I look (my colour, eyes, lips, hair; despite the fact that my eyes may be too small or my nose too big), think, speak, behave & tackle life.
My Mentor: of sorts. A kind soul who tries pulling me out of the doldrums, almost always & calls me “My Fair Lady” :)
My Spiritual Partner: Together we wander on a different spiritual plane, oblivious to this world & its mortal souls & their judging ways.
My Blogger Friends: who have almost become a part of my existence now, so much so that, I miss them when I don’t see them visiting my blog or updating theirs & look forward to their comments & blogs eagerly. I am thankful for having come across such genuinely wise souls at such a young age in my life. They make me want to become a better person each day.
Little kids & Dogs: Wondering why I mentioned both in the same breath? That’s because they both offer selfless love & satiate my soul. A tight hug & a petal-touch kiss from a little kid make me melt like a candle. And a dog’s eyes, wagging of tail, rolling all over with excitement when it sees me & licking me all over makes me taste true happiness. I miss my darling Labrador but "you’ll always be in my heart, love".
And in general, I am most thankful to God for being very thoughtful & sweet in surrounding me by some very very kind & nice souls, at least most of the times. He has given me food, clothes & shelter. He has blessed me with a healthy body & mind. He has given me the cognizance to analyze life & its truths. He has given me the humility to accept when I am wrong & courage to take remedial actions. He has granted me the virtue of honesty & true love & care. I guess that’s too much to be thankful for!!!
Thanks my Lord, I love you soooo much..muahh
Meow

6 comments:
What a beautiful piece of writing.
It is pure joy to read your thoughts and feeling. They are written with clarity and effectiveness.
It is wonderful to be one of your blogger friends.
Hugs
Peggy
I am humbled by your kind words, Peggy..Thanks a ton for being there!!
Love,
Meow
Happy Thanksgiving to you :) I believe Thanksgiving should be everyday! I am grateful for you and your blog:)
This was really a wonderful post. Thank you so much for sharing. Thank you also for reading my blog as well. You have a beautiful blog.
Thanks for visiting, Poetikat.. And why Meow? I guess there's no such reason, may be it has come from the subconscious as my mom lovingly used to call me that when I was small :)
Blessed Be..
Thanks Caroline & Michelle for dropping in!!
Blessed Be..
Post a Comment