Thursday, 20 November 2008

Lessons from day-to-day life


There's so much I want to share today that I am really struggling to sort of put it all together to make enough sense. So, let me share today's lessons for now.



I was helping my Mom tidy up her closet & I suddenly noticed how she picked up a gift wrapping paper out of there, crumpled it & threw it into the dustbin. Just as she did that, both of us broke into laughter. I could see the relief that the de-cluttering had brought her. She mentioned how that paper had been lying there for ages thinking that it would be put to use someday, which of course never came. And today, all of a sudden she realized that she didn't need it there and it brought her instant happiness & peace. So we experienced the power of de-cluttering in life in our own very small way. Another perspective worth exploring here could be the power that one experiences when he/she destroys something (in this case, crumpling the paper & throwing it in the dustbin). This thought could make us little uncomfortable as it's always difficult trying to unearth our dark sides but it's worth giving a thought, I guess.



Next, I realized that I needed my cheque book urgently & then began the ordeal of searching for it. Considering the person that I am, it's highly unlikely for me to misplace anything easily & thus, the pressure built up even more with me thinking - How could I??? (as if I am impeccable :) ; that's how stupid souls like me become too harsh on themselves in their tryst of becoming perfect). Searched it wherever I could possibly think it could have been but to no avail. So, did the next wise step & ordered another one. What I didn't realize is that our poor brain never gives up, it's the best of our friends. So unconsciously it still keeps trying to solve the puzzle. And thus, zoom...& suddenly I sat up to look for it in a particular place all the while pleading to God that I find it there. Guess what, I did find it :) aaah.. What a relief! Instances like these enable mortal souls like me reinstate their belief in the superpower, this time I had asked my Lord Shiva for help :) ;not to forget my brain too :)(Let's give it some credit too). Also, another thing worth noticing is that whenever in trouble, take some time off from thinking about it & come back to it a little later; most of the times you should end up finding the solution.

Therefore, few lessons well learnt, for today. I am glad I am not doing too badly with my learning curve of life. What I need to ensure is that I observe every little thing happening around me astutely.

Blessed Be,
Meow

2 comments:

Faith Lasts said...

**How could I?

LOL so there with you!

Interesting observations indeed
Life's good
;)

Meow said...

Thanks for dropping in, Bhawana.. There might be more interesting observations pouring in the coming days :)