Monday, 26 January 2009

The Woe-List Continues



OK, so keeping up with the sad & frustrated tone of most of my posts this year(trust me it's the last thing I would ever wish), I must share with you all, some more additions to the list of problems that have been attacking me & my family since the beginning of this year. I guess I have all the reasons to start believing that this year hasn't been very merciful to us & what more is in store for us in the coming months is a mystery(don't even want to think about it).

Every day when I leave my bed, I just hope that the day is a normal one, for a change. But I really think that when the stars conspire against somebody, he/she doesn't necessarily have to bump into troubles; rather the troubles take all the trouble in the world to walk up to him/her. Similar plight is ours.

The other day, I just drove my car round the corner when another car, which had no reason on earth or any remote chance to come close to my car, came and bumped into mine. Now, was I at fault? Yes, I guess so. I should have tried to fly my car in the air rather than trying to drive it on road. On top of it, my mom started off with the sermon explaining how a good driver doesn't just ensure that she drives well but also tries her best to save her own car from others not adept at the skill. Hmmmmm.. Mom, you have a point. I am just wondering how should I manage to save myself from all fools on this earth who want to run into me & my life in any damn sphere, very much uninvited.

Moving on, yesterday was another unfortunate day. My Dad's laptop got stolen. The beauty of the entire thing is that this time too it was stolen from his car while he was busy praying inside a gurudwara(Sikh temple). This is the second time when larceny took place while we were at a place of worship. Remember my mom's cell phone was stolen in a similar set up. What is a simple human being supposed to do when such things happen at God's own premises? Should it shake our faith a bit? That's not all. My dearest, brilliant Dad had all his bank card details written in a document, saved securely in his laptop. So the next task was calling up the banks to get those cards blocked. Now if you are thinking it should all be very simple, think again. How about, if there were around 20 odd cards? Yes, that's my Dad for you. This pretty much gives you an idea how we spent all morning today. And and and, all the original papers of the laptop, complete with installation CDs were in the laptop bag as well. Isn't my Dad too considerate? He couldn't have been more kind to the thief, I am sure.

Let's now talk about the extended weekend we were supposed to have as today(monday) was a day off (being the Republic Day). But a nice family time together is a far fetched dream for us, courteousy some dear relatives. In India, relatives do not consider it even an option to ask someone their plans before actually telling them they are coming over. I am not a very ardent follower of this school of thought where even the closest of ours need any permission to come over (like, may be when children call up their parents to ask if they can visit or vice versa) BUT I do believe that others need to be thoughtful. I mean, it actually depends on what equation you share with the other party. In our case, the relatives arrived, went on to stay for the entire extended weekend just because their own children had some other plans & they had nothing better to do than come over, without even thinking for a minute if we wanted to spend it some other way. I am fed up!!!!

I think I'd better leave the discussion of my own mental status & the turmoil going inside my brain, for now. The only thing worth mentioning perhaps is that I am deepening the chasm between me & the world & drawing myself into a shell even more, with every passing day. I know that's not the right thing to do, but this we shall discuss some other time, may be. Life's not working out right & that's very prominent.

Adios for now,
Meow

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I am sending you lot's of good light. just remember..."this too shall pass."

Meow said...

Thanks a lot, Caroline!!
Blessed Be.