
A philonoist by temperament, I must learn from the year gone by & perhaps prepare a sort of checklist or an instruction guide to abide by, while I gear up once again as a tyro to traverse another year of an unknown journey. I am sure there is so much that I learnt in the last year but may not recall all of it, at this very moment. Let me just try & share what comes to my mind.
- Speak Less, Listen More: I vow to speak only after I have thought at least ten times before doing that as 'The most profound statements are often said in silence' & 'Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech'. This, however, does not mean that I shall stop myself from speaking in a situation where need be.
- Express Love & Not Take the Loved Ones for Granted: I will try & express my love more often & clearly & value my loved ones for all that they mean to me & more. I guess, all of us as humans need a constant reminder of how much we are loved & needed & so our loved ones rightfully deserve to know too. Life is too short to keep waiting for the right time to let them know. Anytime is a good time to express love & kindness.
- Conquer Anger: This one trait has had enough of me for very long now & I promise myself to get the better of it. I realize how controlling my anger could lead me to absolutely change the outcome of certain things & turn things to my favor.
- Be Soft-Spoken: I want to inculcate this quality so much so that others should feel as if their ear drums are being struck against by some soft flower petals, as if they are hearing some soothing music, as if they are experiencing the sweetness of honey in my words. As is said: 'Words have no bones, but can break bones'. Sometimes, words can cause irreparable damage in life and this time, I want to be careful with mine. Nobody in this world's going to peep into my heart to find out how good I really am, if I have only bitter words to say.
- Be Less Obstinate: 'What does not bend, shall break' & thus, I shall genuinely try & be more reasonable to others' demands(of those who matter to me) and more empathetic in my approach towards dealing with human beings. I need to understand that as much as I 'd like to believe, I may not be right about everything & so I must give others a chance, once in a while, to prove their point too. In the process, we may loose the battle but we may win as companions.
- Be More Patient: This, for me, is the most difficult of all. I have learnt the hard way that the more you are in a hurry to get something, the lesser chances you have of getting it. So DON'T rush. There is a time & place for everything & I can't get anything more than what's destined for me & anything before the time it's scheduled for me. I need to just relax & be patient, lest I'd become one.
- Never Advice Unless Asked for: It is often said that we should learn from others mistake as we can't live long enough to make them all ourselves. But my experience says that there would always be some people who still would want to make their own share of mistakes & falls; it's futile trying to save them. Such people accuse you of suffering from "I am always right" syndrome & being disrespectful towards their capabilities. So the best thing to do is, I know it's extremely hard to do, let them do what they want & even if you can see them falling in the pit, DON'T stop them. Let them fall for a few times before they realize that they need your advice about traversing a path & only then oblige them with your wise words. Even then, as much as your tongue will jump out of its place to utter these fatal words- "I told you so", DON'T.
- Love Myself: I must begin the journey of a life long romance by falling in love with myself. One, this will make me more complete & less in need of anybody else's love & Two, iff I love myself, others will be able to love me too.
- Believe in Myself: I must believe that if there is anyone that can do a miracle for me, it is me, myself. 'Any new saint-to-be has his miracles to make' & I am a 'saint-to-be-' in the making. I must display an unresolute & unshakeable faith in my own abilities.
- Keep Moving: I have to get accustomed to the fact that Life is hard, sometimes not fair (but everybody I meet may be fighting a harder battle); There will be times when things won't work out; There will be times when I would have no one by my side; There would be times when I would be tempted to question God & his ways but I need to keep moving.
- Keep Praying & Be Thankful: I must pray to God regularly & thank him for all the heavenly benedictions that have been bestowed upon me & try & not ask for anything- this is the important point. If God is your father/mother, he/she knows what you want from him & saying it won't make the entire process of it being granted any quicker I guess. Moreover, 'If he grants you your wish, it's good & if he doesn't, even better' is what I have heard from the erudite. God can see what may be best for us & so just be thankful.
Time to hit the sack. So good night and good tidings and a little prayer for me for trying to achieve these above mentioned goals would not be out of place in asking..
My love as always..
Meow
My love as always..
Meow

2 comments:
You write very fluently and gracefully Meow.
These are wonderful points to adhere to.
Recognising what our goals is a great first step. Then we sit back and take one day at a time.
I believe patience is the key to fulfilling our goals.
Namaste
Peggy
this is quite a heavy deal you got going here hunz...
i wish you all the luck you need to get there. i'd suggest u keep a diary so that u are never off track...
love ya!!
Post a Comment