
What is it that the twelfth man in the cricket team, or an equivalent of him/her in any real life scenario, say any sort of a substitute, goes through? Could be interesting to think about what he/she thinks...
I am very much a part of your existence
But I am not your first choice, by choice
You may be the song of my life
But sadly, I am not your voice
I am there for you when you want me to
But it's only when you need me & not the other way round
Till then you are busy in your own happy world
And who's there to me , surround?
It could get pretty difficult, at times
Sitting & watching you play along with others
And wishing & hoping that rather I were there
Getting the happiness that's destiny of another's
The days when nobody knocks my door
And the time when the phone doesn't ring
Is hard, very arduous, trust me on this
The loneliness kills me, the dispensability stings...
Blessed Be,
Meow
I am very much a part of your existence
But I am not your first choice, by choice
You may be the song of my life
But sadly, I am not your voice
I am there for you when you want me to
But it's only when you need me & not the other way round
Till then you are busy in your own happy world
And who's there to me , surround?
It could get pretty difficult, at times
Sitting & watching you play along with others
And wishing & hoping that rather I were there
Getting the happiness that's destiny of another's
The days when nobody knocks my door
And the time when the phone doesn't ring
Is hard, very arduous, trust me on this
The loneliness kills me, the dispensability stings...
Blessed Be,
Meow

5 comments:
Definitely not a place anyone wud luv to b in! itzz like being there but not actually there..
u truly did bring out da emotions,, wel xpressed.. meow.. :-)
Very different!!
Cool perspective and poetic reasoning..
Well brought out!!
Enjoyed it nicely..
Cheers!!
Fiducia a.k.a Angel
"You may be the song of my life
But sadly, I am not your voice"
wow...those two lines took my breath away...
btw when r u publishing a book of all ur poems?? coz i need th frst autographed copy of it....:)
Namaste Meow!
Very, very moving piece of writing.
I too was very taken by the lines:
"You may be the song of my life
But sadly, I am not your voice"
I think the title "The Twelfth Man Speaks" is very appropriate.
Best wishes and love always
Peggy
@muZer: Thanks sweetie!!
@Fiducia: Thanks Angel!! Hope I can continue to make you enjoy my posts always :)
@everything burns: Jahnabi, u r too kind with words sweetheart.Frenz like you keep me going.Thanks dearie!!
@Miruspeg: Namaste Peggy, Thanks for your wishes always.
My Love & Blessings to you all,
Meow
Post a Comment