
Oh you see me smiling, standing there
And you think I am happy as can be
But can you hear my unspoken words?
And can you the not-so-obvious, see?
Can you see those invisible shackles?
That tie my feet to the ground
Can you see that it's stopping me from making my flight?
Between my own wishes & of my loved ones, I confound
It's strange when you knowingly choose this path
Then why & how do you really complain?
When you decide to live a life for your own & not just yourself
You can't let your own desires reign
Very true, indeed, but at the same time, a very difficult thing to do too..
Nighty Night,
Meow
And you think I am happy as can be
But can you hear my unspoken words?
And can you the not-so-obvious, see?
Can you see those invisible shackles?
That tie my feet to the ground
Can you see that it's stopping me from making my flight?
Between my own wishes & of my loved ones, I confound
It's strange when you knowingly choose this path
Then why & how do you really complain?
When you decide to live a life for your own & not just yourself
You can't let your own desires reign
Very true, indeed, but at the same time, a very difficult thing to do too..
Nighty Night,
Meow

11 comments:
Very nice poetry and thank you so much for your nice comment on about my blog. Stop by whenever you can!
nice lines,, these.. meow.. :-)
It's strange when you knowingly choose this path
Then why & how do you really complain?
When you decide to live a life for your own & not just yourself
You can't let your own desires reign
Nice blog!
Thanks for visiting mine, though am just a beginner and have a long way to go...
Yours is awesome!
Had fun reading some of your verses of emotion..Well written, so keep writing.
Will definitely keep following your blog!
Fiducia a.k.a Angel
Namaste Meow
We find ourselves in quite a dilemma sometimes.
Here are two possibilities, of which none are practically acceptable.
As you said 'a very difficult' situation.
Love
Peggy
@Coach: Thanks Coach..I definitely will stop by often, you too keep dropping in whenever you can.
@ muZer: Thanks so much,Aren't these lines so true to life? Keep visiting!!
@Angel: Thanks for your kind words, Angel.. I too am fairly a beginner & my writing, as you must have noticed by now, is quite amateurish too but I am not giving it up.. At least I get to say things straight from my heart :)
@Peggy: Trust me, it's a huge dilemma & we are bound to loose either ways, no matter what :)
very forceful! tumult of emotions indeed!
Love the images :)
@Winnie: Thanks sweety.. Do come by again..
Remember that you are a beautiful spirit on a crazy human journey!
Ask yourself why you are wearing the invisible shackles? You can take them off at any time, but are you choosing not to? You can be free, it just a matter of trusting and letting go. You have many choices...
Many blessings to you!
@Caroline: You are right Caroline, it's about the choice & the shackles can be taken off any time, provided one intends or decides to :)
Blessed Be,
Meow
oki i hvta ask u nw...y r all ur poems and posts so depressed and trying to be optimistic types??? i mean...sorry but i cudnt help notice...
@Everything burns: Jahnabi, I was actually expecting this to come up for quite some time & who else but you could have asked me this :)& actually, just today,I was thinking of writing a separate post seeking forgiveness for writing such depressive ones :) I guess I'll do it v soon & that shall answer your question too..
Post a Comment