The following words are an attempt to translate a song that I absolutely adore. I know that as much as I tried to do justice to translating it, it may not have come out really lyrical or great looking but as long as I could translate the emotions that it talks about & pass it on to you guys, I'd be happy :) So, here it goes:

Few things of mine are still lying with you
Few wet days of monsoon spent together
And a night lying in the folds of a letter I wrote to you once
Destroy that night please; Send me back my belongings

Look outside !! It's autumn, isn't it?
I, once, came back wearing in my ears, the sound of some autumn leaves falling from the yellow trees
That particular branch is still shaking from it
Destroy that branch please; Send me back my belongings

Once when we were both walking under one umbrella
Half soaked, half dry; The dry portion, I brought back with me
But the wet heart might still be lying next to the bed
Send that back please; Send me back my belongings

Those several moonlit nights & the mole on your shoulder
The smell of you & those few unreal fights
Remind me also, your not-so-true promises
Send everything back please; Send me back my belongings

At last, there is only one permission that I seek from you
That when I bury all these belongings of mine , Let me also sleep there, forever...
Meow

8 comments:
Aah..!! tis is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L,, as much as da song itself! a soulful rendition,, indeed.. :-)
lovedd ur translation,, reminded me of da song i hadnt heard in monthss.. :-)
Interesting lyrics.
I used to be attached to my belongings but now I set them free.
I can honestly say possessions, feelings, thoughts are meant to be shared. We have no need to hold onto anything.
Set them free and they come back ten-fold.
What is the name of the song? And what language was it written in?
Hugs
Peggy
@muZer: Thanks a lot..Keep dropping in :)
@miruspeg: Peggy, This is a hindi song that goes by the name "Mera kuchh saamaan" :)
It's sad and passionate. I love Indian music. I wish you could find a recording and post it here!
wow !!! thats a nice work ...
ps : i copied 2 images from here ... tell me if you mind that, i will not use them on my blog :)
can you plz mention which song is this .. sounds very familiar !!
Dear Pratibha,
Please feel free to pick up anything you like. I am here to share my soul, my thoughts, my collections with you all...
And this song is "Mera kuchh saamaan" from the movie "Ijaazat"
Hugs
Meow
Dear Stoneweaver,
I am going to now try & post that song's recording for you to enjoy :)
Love
Meow
Post a Comment