
Heard that voice after ages today
That once warmed the cockles of my heart
A strong wave of happiness went down my spine
A feeling not very regular, and quite set apart
Expected the same sort of sadness in your voice
Of the loss that we commonly should share
But amazed to find that you seemed all right
Unfortunately, not a stoic, I quietly shed a silent tear
Something inside me still says to me
That you are hurt, still in love & equally in pain
It could just be a false pretense, of you being unaffected
Or my wishful thinking, a delusion vain
This time you are so near, so close
But the distance seems like it'll never end
At times when there were miles between us
We were closer & more attached, my friend
This is the final chance we have
Let's see if we together, can traverse the gap
Let's take a step towards each other
Or else this bond will finally snap
I extend my hand to you, my Dear
And wait for you to give yours in mine
I wish that you wish too, to make it happen
And both of us experience this feeling divine
Blessings to All,
Meow

6 comments:
Love unrequited or love that quietly disappears into the night is a painful thing, worse still when one feels it and not the other after a time that was spent together. Lovely poem.
nifty verse,, meow.. :-)
u knw thy say,, if hearts r sincere,, distances never matter.. :-)
at least this was sumwat positive... as compared to the rest of ur poems...good going girl...i hope to c more improvement in th future... lol :)
@Aleta: Thank you very much for dropping in. I guess, Love itself is synonymous with Pain :)
@muZer: I, too, believed the same thing but of late I have started doubting that if hearts are sincere, distances don't matter. May be, it's becoming more a case of "out of sight is out of mind", these days :)
@everything burns: Lol..Thanks my Dearie..And I am going to try & answer your questions in my next post :)
totally touched by this one :) i cud relate myself to this write :)
Beautiful...Just fabulous..
Neatly threaded set of verses...
Only someone so hurt in love, could mould lines like that..
Hope you will get over it soon!!
Fiducia a.k.a Angel
Post a Comment