Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Silenced by Terror



It's been nearly 2 days that I am back at home but it took me this much time to get hold of my mind's reigns to be able to write anything. There was so much that I wanted to share about my spiritual trip (which I might do in bits & pieces) but the terror attack on Mumbai, the financial capital of India, has left me so numb & speechless.

Almost 300 people have lost there lives to this insensate cruelty. People (young, old, men, women, children) were literally made to stand against the wall & fired point blank. Imagine what they must be going through? Imagine how it feels to see death standing in front of you, so close, so ugly & so quick, barely leaving any time for you to even make your last prayers? Who amongst them who were dining in the five star hotel could have envisaged such a tragic end for themselves? Few had a narrow escape but most haven't survived and many even have no one in the family who has lived to tell their story. Many brave policemen, defense personnel & common men too lost their lives trying to battle it out against the terrorists.

I was just going through the heart rendering pictures and articles in the newspaper & one of the articles said "It's the terrorism that's losing & not the terrorized. Mumbai is brave & the life will move on". Yes, the life will move on- for you & me- but definitely not for the ones who have lost their own. We are writing all this because we are viewing it as a spectator but when you are the actors yourself, the whole act takes on a different meaning. Life will never be the same for so many of these families who have lost their loved ones to the heinous crime.

There are many who are reiterating that terrorism has no religion. As much as I would want to believe in it, I am sorry to say, being a logical & observant human being, I am forced to question that if terrorism has no religion, how come all terrorists invariably belong to one particular one? This, of course, can not be generalized that all people belonging to that particular religion be termed as terrorists but there is no doubt that all terrorists definitely belong to that religion. Now what they are taught in that religion or why they do so, what's the rationale behind such bestial existence, I do not know; Nor am I interested to know.

What I ask from every human being on earth is nothing but a peaceful coexistence. Life is very short, shorter than we think. The whole fight over borders, religions, power seems so meaningless when life itself is so uncertain. Why don't we try & robe life with a meaning? Why don't we try & do benevolent deeds that we'll be proud of, till we are alive & that'll speak of our worth, long after we are gone?

May God give peace to all the departed souls & grant strength to their near & dear ones!!

May God grant wisdom to the mindless & fanatics & put them on the righteous path!!

Blessed Be,
Meow

1 comment:

miruspeg said...

I feel so sad that these cowardly acts of terrorism has happened in your beautiful country.

I can't imagine what those people went through, absolute fear I am sure.

Your closing paragraphs were beautifully written....my dream is to live in a world like that as well.

Hugs
Peggy