Friday, 22 August 2008

The Same Dilemma Every Night.......Till When?




"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go"

Every night I wonder if today’s THE day when I would be able to break free from this dilemma and finally let go but each night I fail miserably. Sometimes it’s the past memories, sometimes future hope, sometimes selfish reasons, sometimes empathy, sometimes the fear of time flying so quickly while at other times, lethargy to look for other options.

Why is it so difficult to let go?

Why can’t we just hang on to it for some more time? Why can’t we?

Why can’t we free ourselves from the shackles of emotions: love, anger, revenge, fear, regret?

Why is it so hard to forgive & forget & move on?

Why does the thought of not being able to see the familiar face, feel that warm touch, hear that sugary voice make you go numb?

Why does the fact of leaving behind your prized possessions bring you to tears?

I know and I completely understand that I shall, under no circumstances, be able to take any of my loved entities (be it humans or inanimate objects) when I leave this earth. I shall be the lone traveler when I leave for that journey. So what good is it to let the attachment grow when you know that it shall bring nothing but pain, tears & misery?

I know it & you know it but still it’s easier said than done, something that will take years of practice, may be. But we at least need to make a start somewhere. Till then, wish me happy tear shedding for many more nights to come…

U never know if these tears someday wipe off my fear of letting go..

Blessed Be

Meow

P.S. We shall try and seek answers to these questions and many more in my posts to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings Meow.

I just stopped by to say I nominated your blog for an award.

Please visit my page and click onto the link titled 'miscellaneous' in the top right side of the page and read the post titled 'Thank you, Murcielago' for the rules.

Have a great weekend.

Meow said...

Hope you are enjoying a great weekend..My humble thanks to you for your kind gesture..

Blessed Be
Love Always
Meow

Chaioholic said...

Till date the let gos and the move ons though natural at times, forced sometimes have bought a single tear while i have remembered them faintly at night. I wont wish you a tear-jerkin future but a strong but still sensitive humane single tear existence....

Nice really nice thought....