Friday, 17 October 2008

Think before it's too late


I came on this earth all alone

& so did you my friend

And I shall be alone when I leave

& so shall you, in the end


Even if I can afford to have gold for my meal

It’s a single loaf of bread that I’ll eat

But in striving to be able to afford that gold

I may leave out family & close friends to meet


Even if I own multiple houses

There can only be one home at the end of the day

Is it worth living with bricks & cement?

And not even a soul, to one kind word say


I might have lovely flashy cars

But my last journey would need only four men

My cars couldn’t take me to the heaven above

Why did I die every day to get them then?


I might run faster than the hands of the clock

To be able to collect for even my next life

But then I realize that suddenly my time’s up

& I can’t stay back to enjoy this rife


So why run for all the riches of the world

When we can’t really carry them along

And why not go with a life well lived

Content, calm, singing a happy song


I wish we could live for the things we need

And not just live with the things we want

I hope we understand this difference in time

And not undeservingly, our wisdom flaunt...


P.S. On this side of the globe, after death, the dead is carried by four persons on a bier and hence "But my last journey would need only four men".

Blessed Be,
Meow

3 comments:

Chaioholic said...

U need four men! For what???? I didnt know u were dose kinds. LOL hehe lovely poem dear. Wanted to add the humor since its bn long infact i have never seen some sillier poems from u. ...

Anonymous said...

I think it might take six strong men to carry me (!) I like your new banner!

Jahnabi Roy said...

hw true and profound... why live poor to die rich?