Monday, 27 October 2008

Don't love too much


I’ll tell you a truth

A truth I very well know

They say you must only love

& it’s not essential that you must show


But all those who say this are wrong

& love is as abstruse as it can be

No one wants to believe the love

If it’s not something they can see


You may die loving them

But there are few who’d always have doubts & fears

You’ll never find them appreciate your deeds

They’ll always give you gifts of tears


They very easily forget what you did for them

But they remember every time you weren’t around

The very voice of you that seemed that of nightingale

Becomes nothing more than a harsh sound


They wake up suddenly to tell you

How you were wrong at every move

How you need to be more understanding

& how you need to improve


But who’s going to tell them

That it could be the other way round

Perhaps it’s them who need to be more considerate

Between right & wrong, not confound


They can’t always be right

& you can’t always be wrong

At every given opportunity

They can’t sing the same song (of blaming you for everything)


I am sorry if I sound so bitter

May be it’s just a bad day

Or maybe today, the pain’s too much

& I have nothing nice to say


Blessed Be,
Meow

No comments: