Monday, 6 October 2008

Durga Pooja Celebration



Durga Pooja Celebrations are on with an unimaginable fervour here. Yesterday & even today, I went to attend the celebration. It is just so divine & beautiful. I clicked a picture there so that all of you could get a glimpse of it. I'll try & make a video tomorrow, may be. The soothing evening aarti (chanting of hymns & shlokas) along with the music played by the traditional instruments in the background transcends you to an altogether different world. These idols of Goddess Durga are made by artisans who are especially brought from a different state for this purpose. The celebration goes on for five days (beginning from the 6th day of Navraatri) & on the final day(which is the tenth day,also known as 'Dussehra'), these idols are immersed in the holy river.

I pray to Ma Durga to please accept my humble submission of my own self at her feet & to hold my hand & take me across this wordly ocean. I also pray to please grant happiness & peace to all. We are all your children & so give us what is best for us, whenever it is best for us.

Jai Ma Durga,

Meow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How amazing. I'd love to be there right now. PLEEEASE post a video!

Meanwhile, take a shufty at my blog - there is something there that might interest you ;o)

Meow said...

Dear Helingstones,I have clicked a video..Let me try & post it now..& then I'll go on to have a look at your blog,promise :)