Monday, 6 June 2011

The Rosy Child





Isn't it beautiful?? It ought to be; not just because it's a rose or its colour is gorgeous but 'cos for me it brought back the innocence of the 'rosy child' within me. This is a rose that I plucked from the garden of a house situated on a random street near my house & then I ran like a child after I had plucked it. I didn't have to do it this way as I could have perhaps just asked the family residing there for one & I am sure they would have obliged. But it would not have given me that feeling of being the child that I once was, even though for a moment :)

Sometimes, it's important to keep checking on the little child within you to see if she's alive & kicking. That's what I did!!!

Wishing all my dear friends a bright & beautiful week ahead!

Blessed Be,
Meow
xx

1 comment:

miruspeg said...

Excellent observation Meow!
The little child within us certainly needs to come out to play regularly.
I loved that you picked that rose and ran like a child....with your heart pounding I hope.

I think it is very important to listen to our inner child. Listen for the feelings without being too quick to ask, "Why?" or "What caused this?" My little girl often needs to cry and have a lot of feelings before she can begin to tell me what caused them. And the cause might seem trivial in grownup terms....a disapproving glance from someone at work or an off-hand remark by a friend. I find that these "little" things are stirring up old issues like parental disapproval.

So I just sit and be present...and Listen. I try to feel the feelings.

Namaste
Peggy xxxxx