
This evening I was talking to my Gran & suddenly a realization dawned on me. The elderly contain a plethora of knowledge in the form of age old fables, effective home remedies, idioms & phrases, various rituals & the stories behind each of them, the gist of their experiences: both good & bad & thus, overall a huge reservoir of learning. There is so much that our next generation would never even know that all this ever existed. A very strange feeling took over me & I felt like I had very less time at my hands as my grandparents’ ‘age clock’ is ticking away at a very fast pace & I want to jot down practically everything that comes out of their mouth now, a repository of pure wisdom….. As they say, old is definitely gold or may be even diamond or platinum for that matter :), very precious & very dear always…. God Bless our elderly!!
Love always,

2 comments:
Hey thats so true.I still credit my analytical abilities to my granddad teachin me chess at a young age and then all about the stars and constellations as he was a naval war veteran....
Very true!!
Post a Comment